FinELib strikes open access deal with Frontiers
The agreement allows participating institutions to benefit from a 10% national discount, streamlined submission and payment workflows, and other benefits.
FinELib and Frontiers have announced a new three-year (2022-2024) open access agreement. The agreement is the FinELib's first with a fully open access publisher and allows participating institutions to choose from three invoicing schemes (invoiced individually, monthly, or prepayment).
While making it easier for authors to publish their work open access, the agreement also allows institutions to remain in full control as each APC will be verified before being paid. Further benefits include frozen maximum APCs for the duration of the agreement and improved transparency of OA expenditure through detailed reports.
Read Frontiers' press release here.
- Aalto University
- University of Lapland
- National Defence University (incl. the military schools)
- Tampere University including Tampere University Hospital
- Abo Akademi University
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- Natural Resources Institute Finland
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland