Wolters Kluwer Lippincott
Open Access Publishing in Wolters Kluwer Lippincott Journals
FinELib consortium’s agreement with Wolters Kluwer Health offers authors an opportunity to publish their articles with no open access fees.
- This means that there is no article processing charge (APC) for the author.
- APC's may be funded during the agreement term 2018-2022.
- There is a limited number of funded APC annually per organization. The number of available funded APC will decrease each time an author places an order that has had its APC funding approved by their institution.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you meet the criteria below:
- You are the corresponding author of the article who is to communicate with Wolters Kluwer through the peer review process.
- You are affiliated with one of the participating institutions:
- Your article has been accepted for publication in 2018-2022 in one of the Wolters Kluwer hybrid titles: Title list or full OA titles: Title list
- NB! Alterations to the list are possible during the agreement period.
- Check Plan S compliancy if necessary: Journal Checker Tool.
- The acceptance date of your article is between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2022. Requests for APC funding must be made through the Publishers Open Access payment portal (RightsLink) once an article is accepted and before it is published
I am eligible, what do I need to do?
- The corresponding author who is entitled to the APC funding from their institution MUST submit the paper. Authors cannot be changed to become a corresponding author post acceptance.
- When submitting your manuscript,
- select your institution name
- insert your institutional email address in the system if it's not already there
- you will be asked to choose between traditional and open access publishing => choose open access.
- choose an open access publishing license. We recommend that your choose CC BY which is required by many funders.
- complete the License to Publish (LTP) form
- should you wish to publish your paper under the CCBY license, please complete Section B of the form by selecting ‘ULA’ as the funder in Section B1
- should you wish to publish your paper under the CCBY-NC-ND license, please tick option 3 in Section B of the form, leaving options 1 and 2 blank
- Once your article is accepted, you will receive following letter asking you to transact for the funding workflow using the RightsLink solution from Copyright Clearance Center (CCC).
- Step 1: Click "Pay Charges now" link and you will be able to access your manuscript charges
- Step 2: In the “Funding Options” screen select Seek Funding from [Your institution name]
- Step 3: In "Charges Estimate" screen
- select ULA – CC BY from the license drop down and the total amount will automatically change to 0,00 USD and your article will be published under CC BY license.
- or select None/Other -CCBY-NC-ND and the total amount will automatically change to 0,00 USD and your article will be published under CC BY NC ND license.
- Please note that you must select the same CC BY license in the Rightslink drop down menu as you have chosen in LTP during the submission.
- Review and select "Next" to proceed.
- Step 4: Sign In / Registration: please register for an account or sign in the RightsLink if you already have an account. This step is required to complete a transaction. Note: if you are not the author listed in the registration form or if any of the pre-populated information needs to be updated, feel free to erase that information and create yourself an account in order to proceed.
- Step 5: Order Review: carefully inspect the addressing information, fees, taxes, etc. to ensure the information you entered is adequate for your payment office. Click ‘Back” to make any necessary edits or ‘Cancel’ to start over. When ready, ‘accept the terms and conditions’ and click "Place Order".
- Step 6: Confirmation: When the order is completed, you will land on a confirmation page. If there is remaining APC funding available, your request is sent to your institution for approval and you will also receive an order confirmation email saying that a funding request has been sent to the institution.
- If your funding request is approved, the APC charges will be automatically covered and you will receive an approval email. Wolters Kluwer will publish your article open access free of charge under the CC BY or C BY NC ND license according to your choice.
- If your funding request is denied, you will get an email including the reason of the denial (such as APC funding exceeds maximum limit, required Creative Commons license is missing, questioning author affiliation).
If your funding request has not been accepted or all APC funds have been used up, you will need to cover the costs of open access publishing yourself.
Open access publishing instructions including screenshots on Wolters Kluwer web page.