Taylor & Francis
Open Access Publishing in Taylor & Francis Journals
2023-2024 FinELib agreement with Taylor & Francis includes open publishing in almost 2000 journals published by Taylor & Francis / Routledge.
This includes Open Select (hybrid) journals in both Social Sciences & Humanities and Science & Technology fields.
Agreement doesn't include T&F journals in Medical fields, or most of the Full Open Access journals. Any journals which convert from Open Select journals to Full Open Access journals will stay included in the FinELib agreement until the end of 2024.
Am I entitled to publish my article Open Access free of charge?
You are entitled to publish your article Open Access free of charge if
- You are the corresponding author of your article.
- You are a researcher, a student or a staff member (at the time when your article is accepted) in one of the organisations subscibing to T&F Libraries
- Your article is accepted for publishing after Jan 1st 2023 in one of the qualifying journals (xlsx). (This includes most T&F Open Select journals in Social Sciences & Humanities and Science & Technology. Doesn't include medical journals, or most of T&F's fully open journals.
Eligible articles are core, peer reviewed research articles, defined below but not necessarily limited to the below list.
Is my journal compliant with Plan S?
Use the Journal Checker Tool to see if your preferred journal is compliant with Plan S and with the Academy of Finland's OA policy.
Instructions for the corresponding authors
What do I need to do to get the benefit?
Once your article is accepted, you are identified belonging to a certain organisation on the basis of the name of the organisation you have provided. When submitting your article, select carefully your main organisation from the drop down menu (neither faculty nor department), and use your organisational e-mail address to make your organisation known to T&F. In case your affiliation changes after leaving your manuscript don’t forget to tell your production editor about your new affiliation.
Once your article has been accepted, your organisation is informed, and will approve your affiliation with your organisation. After this, T&F will send you an e-mail and inform you that you can publish your article Open Access free of charge.
Sign your publishing agreement only after your organisation has approved the open access publishing of your article.
- Usually after 24-48 hours from the approval email T&F will send you e-mail which contains a link to the publishing agreement.
- Sign the agreement either electronically or print the agreement, and sign and upload it into the system.
- Your article will be published with CC BY license. The Finnish national policy on open access strongly recommends the selection of the CC BY licence, while several funders mandate it. If you wish to publish with another CC license, contact T&F.
You sign the publishing agreement before your organisation has approved your affiliation. (You can follow this process especially if you want to publish OA regardless of if your article is accepted by your organisation or not.)
- T&F sends you e-mail containing a link to the Open Access publishing agreement. Select the Open Access publishing option in the T&F system.
- The system will recognize that the institution is part of the agreement and will direct you to a page informing that you may be eligible for APC funding.
- You need to accept the "APC quote". If approved for funding, the cost to you will be 0 €.
- Sign the agreement below either electronically or print the agreement, and sign and upload it into the system.
- T&F sends you e-mail (see picture below) to let you know that your request to publish Open Access has been sent to your organisation. Your organisation confirms in the T&F system that you are entitled to publish Open Access free of charge.
- Your article is published Open Access with the CC BY license. The Finnish national policy on open access strongly recommends the selection of the CC BY licence, while several funders mandate it. If you wish to publish with another CC license, contact T&F.
NB! If your organisation rejects your request for Open Access publishing free of charge, T&F sends you new e-mail and you can select whether you want to publish your article behind paywall, whether you still want to ask financing from your organisation or whether you want to finance Open Access publication yourself.
If you need help or further information, contact your library/information service.
Author Services on Taylor & Francis web pages: Open Access publishing for Researchers in Finland