Open Access Publishing in IEEE's Journals
FinELib consortium’s agreement with IEEE offers authors an opportunity to publish their articles open access during the agreement term 2021–2023 without article processing charges (APC) in IEEE's hybrid and full OA journals (see title list below). However, the author may be responsible for color, page or reprint charges.
There is a limited amount of free open access articles but they are estimated to cover publications for the contract period.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you meet the criteria below:
You are the corresponding author of the article who is to communicate with IEEE through the peer review process.You are a researcher, student or staff member in one of the FinELib members subscribing to IEEE journals: FinELib institutions.
Your article has been accepted for publication in one of the IEEE’s hybrid or fully open access journals (xls).
Your article has been peer-reviewed.
Your article has been accepted for publication during 1.1.2021–31.12.2023.
I am eligible, what do I need to do?
When submitting your manuscript, select your institution name (Ringgold-name). Insert your institutional email address in the system if it's not already there.
Hybrid and fully open access journal
If your article has been accepted for publication in a hybrid or fully open access journal:
- You will receive an email with a link to IEEE’s system. You will be asked to upload the final files and to choose between traditional and open access publishing. Choose open access:
Choose an open access publishing license. We recommend that your choose CC BY which is required by many funders.
The article will be sent to the FinELib office for verification. Your affiliation will be checked.
Once your organization or FinELib office has verified your open access publishing request, you will receive an email on the decision.
If your funding request has been accepted, IEEE will publish your article open access.
Titles with a different workflow
- IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine
- IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica
- IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking
- IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Magazine
For the titles indicated above the process is as follows:
- A corresponding author whose article has been accepted for publication in a “Not in RLSC” title must contact the National Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to enable open access publishing.
- The affiliation of the author will be checked for eligibility. If the author is eligible for open access publishing under the agreement, the National Library will contact IEEE and approve the article for open access publishing under our agreement.
If your funding request has not been accepted (affiliation can’t be verified) or all free credits have been used up, you will need to cover the costs of open access publishing yourself.