Open Access Publishing in Elsevier Journals
Under FinELib consortium’s agreement with Elsevier, corresponding authors can publish their articles open access without article processing charge (APC) in Elsevier hybrid journals eligible for the agreement.
There is a limited number of free open access articles available during the agreement period 2021–2023.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you meet the criteria below:
- You are the corresponding author of the article.
- You are affiliated with one of the participating institutions:
- Your article has been accepted for publication in one of the Elsevier’s hybrid journals: List of eligible journals (xlsx)
NB! Alterations to the list are possible during the agreement period.
- You may also have the right to publish articles open access without an APC fee in other hybrid journals outside of the above list if your organization has an agreement with Elsevier. Please contact your own library/information service for information of such journals (these journals are not included in the title list below).
- Check Plan S compliancy if necessary: Journal Checker Tool.
- The acceptance date of your article is between Jan 1, 2021 and Dec 31, 2023.
- Your article has been peer-reviewed. Peer-review article types include:
full length journal articles
short reviews (surveys)
original software publications
I am eligible, what do I need to do?
Once your article is accepted, you will receive an e-mail from Elsevier asking you to fill in the Rigths and Access form.
Filling in the Rigths and Access form
Corresponding Author's organization: Start typing the name or your organisation and select the correct one from the list offered by the system. If you do not find your organisation's name, please contact your library/information service for more information.
If relevant in the case of your article, fill in the co-author and funder details.
Based on your affiliation details you will be presented your publishing options (Gold Open access or Subscription) and you can see the notification that the FinELib agreement covers the APC payment. If you want to publish open access, select Gold Open Access option.
Select the CC license. We recommend that your choose CC BY which is required by many funders.
Proceed to the confirmation page and complete the request.
After you have completed the request your request will be forwarded to your institution for approval. Once your institute has verified your eligibility, you will receive a confirmation and your article will be made freely available online.
In the event that your request to publish open access is not approved (i.e. if you are not eligible) or the maximum number of free open access articles has been reached you will have the option to pay the APC yourself.