Taylor & Francis
Open Access Publishing in Taylor & Francis Journals
Researchers can publish their articles open access free of charge in the Taylor & Francis Open Select standard rate journals and in the Open Access journal Annals of Medicine during 3.6.2020-31.12.2022. There is a limited number of OA articles available during the agreement period. They have been allocated to the subscribing organizations so that each organization has its own allocation.
You are entitled to publish your article open access free of charge if
1. Your article is accepted for publishing starting 3.6.2020 in one of Taylor & Francis Open Select Standard Rate journals. Please, check that you are publishing in a journal covered by the agreement since the information on the OA agreement is sent to all authors. Title list of journals (excel) in November 2020. NB Alterations to the list are possible during the agreement period.
2. You are researcher, teacher, other staff or student in one of the organizations listed below.
SSH+S&T subscribers = Organizations subscribing to Social Science and Humanities and Science & Technology packages
SSH subscribers = Organizations subscribing to Social Science and Humanities package
S&T subscribers = Organizations subscribing to Science & Technology package
3. You are the corresponding author of your article.
Eligible articles are core, peer reviewed research articles, defined below but not necessarily limited to the below list.
What do I need to do to get the benefit?
Send your manuscript in Taylor & Francis Online according to the standard practice. T&F has two different routes for leaving the manuscript to be accepted: Editorial Manager and ScholarOne. This varies journal by journal but the system directs you automatically to the right route. At the acceptance stage you are identified belonging to a certain organization on the basis of the name of the organization. When sending the article you should carefully select your organization from the drop down menu and use your organizational email address to make your organization known to T&F. In case your affiliation changes after leaving your manuscript don’t forget to tell your production editor about your new affiliation.
If your article is accepted, T&F will send you and your organization an email (see picture below) about the acceptance and at the same time they will inform you about your organization’s Open Access agreement with T&F.
Your organization approves that your article can be published open access free of charge after approving your affiliation, if there are allocated articles left. After this (usually within 24-48 hours) you will get another email which contains a link to the publishing agreement (see picture below).
Option 1. Your organization accepts the open access publishing of your article free of charge in the T&F system before you have signed the publication agreement.
- T&F sends you e-mail (see picture below) which contains a link to the system where you can select the Creative Commons license. If you are funded by Academy of Finland your license is automatically CC BY, which is the recommended license regardless of the funder.
- Sign the agreement below either electronically or print the agreement, and sign and upload it into the system.
- Your article is published open access by using the CC-license you selected.
Option 2. You sign the publishing agreement before your organization has approved the publishing of your article open access free of charge.
- T&F sends you e-mail containing a link to the system, where you can choose to publish your article open access (see picture below)
- Select the open access publishing option in the T&F system.
- Complete the details and select the right institution from the drop down menu at the foot of the page.
- The system will recognize that the institution is part of the agreement and will direct you to this page, informing that you may be eligible for APC funding.
- You need to accept the quote. If approved for funding, the cost to you will be 0 €.
- Select the Creative Commons license. If you are funded by Academy of Finland your license is automatically CC BY, which is the recommended license regardless of the funder.
Sign the agreement below either electronically or print the agreement, and sign and upload it into the system.
- T&F sends you e-mail (see picture below) to let you know that your request to publish open access has been sent to your organization.
- After this your organization confirms in the T&F system that you are entitled to publish open access free of charge.
- Your article is published open access with the CC license you selected.
N.B.! If your organization rejects your request for open access publishing free of charge, T&F sends you a new email and you can select whether you want to publish your article behind paywall, whether you still want to ask financing from your organization or whether you want to finance open access publication yourself.
If you need help or further information, contact your library/information service.
Author Services on Taylor & Francis web pages: Open Access publishing for Researchers in Finland