American Chemical Society
includes all the different versions of the Ringgold nameOpen Access Publishing in American Chemical Society Journals
FinELib consortium’s agreement with ACS Publications (a division of the American Chemical Society) offers authors an opportunity to publish their articles under an Open Access CC BY license for free using granted credits. This means that there is no article processing charge for the author. The credits can be used during the agreement term 1.1.2018 - 31.12.2020.
There is a limited amount of free credits annually. For each OA-article one credit will be considered used.
The free credits for 2018 have been depleted. However, a new set of free cridits will be available for articles with acceptance date in 2019. Authors submitting articles in fall/winter of 2018 are encouraged to inquire about the availability of a free credits for articles with acceptance date in 2019.
What can the credits be used for
The credits can be used for publishing in all of ACS Publications journals and ACS’s fully open access titles (ACS Central Science, ACS Omega). The credits can be used for the all article types excluding eBooks.
ACS title list (pdf)
Who is eligible to use the free credits
Corresponding authors affiliated to ACS Publications subscribing institutions and who are to communicate with ACS through the peer review process are eligible to use the ACS credits. The author must indicate affiliation to a ACS subscribing institution as identified in the table below and must be utilizing a current email address extension that is directly associated to the respective institution when submitting the manuscript. ACS Publications will recognize the author’s eligibility for the credits from institutional information and email domain.
Eligible institutions, Ringgold (includes all the different versions of the Ringgold name) and email addresses extensions:
|Organisation||Ringgold (includes all the different versions of the Ringgold names)|
|ABO AKADEMI UNIVERSITY||Abo Akademiemail@example.com|
|EUROPEAN CHEMICALS AGENCY||Euroopan firstname.lastname@example.org|
|HELSINKI METROPOLIA UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES||Metropolia Ammattikorkeakouluemail@example.com|
|LAPPEENRANTA-LAHTI UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY LUT||Lappeenrannan Teknillinen firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TAMPERE UNIVERSITY INCLUDING TAMPERE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL||Tampereen Yliopistoemail@example.com
|TAMPERE UNIV OF APPLIED SCIENCES||Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu||@tamk
|TURKU UNIV OF APPLIED SCIENCES||Turun Ammattikorkeakoulufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN FINLAND INCLUDING KUOPIO UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL||Ita-Suomen email@example.com
|UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI INCLUDING HELSINKI UNIVERSITY CENTRAL HOSPITAL||Helsingin Yliopistofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNIVERSITY OF JYVASKYLA||Jyvaskylan Yliopistoemail@example.com|
|UNIVERSITY OF OULU INCLUDING OULU UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL||Oulun Yliopistofirstname.lastname@example.org
|UNIVERSITY OF TURKU INCLUDING TURKU UNIVERSITY CENTRAL HOSPITAL||Turun Yliopistoemail@example.com|
|VTT TECHNICAL RESEARCH CENTER OF FINLAND||Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Instructions to the Corresponding Author
- New Articles Submissions - Immediately update your Affiliation and Email Extension in ACS Paragon Plus online submission system
When you submit your manuscript in ACS’s Paragon Plus system, you must review and edit your profile to select the correct institution naming convention from the drop down box as well as begin to use your official institutional email address if not currently the email address of communication. ACS will recognize your eligibility for free credits from both your institutional affiliation and your email domain, see below.
- Once your article has been accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter via email from ACS Publications including a link to Copyright Clearance Center's RightsLink platform
- Sign in RightsLink and choose your affiliation. Please note that you must indicate affiliation to an institution as identified in the table above in order to get open acces credit.
- Choose Seek Funding From FinELib
- Order color figures or other services if you like. Note that you will personally be charged for them, FinELib funding only covers the article processing charge (APC).
- Send the order
- Your will receive an email confirming that your funding request to FinElib has been submitted
- You will receive an email confirming that your request has been accepted or denied
- If your funding request has been accepted, ACS will publish your article under the CC BY-license. Creative Commons describes the CC BY 4.0 license like this: This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
ACS will email corresponding authors with a link to the final published article that can be access in a variety of formats (HTML or PDF). ACS will also deposit the final version of record under a CC-BY license into the US Pub Med Central repository, which will automatically be reflected in the Europe Pub Med Central repository.
If your funding request has not been accepted or all free credits have been used by the time your article is accepted, you will automatically have the right to publish your article Open Access yourself through other Open Access options (see http://pubs.acs.org/page/policy/authorchoice/index.html). You also have the option to direct the ACS to publish the article via ACS's subscription model.
If you need further information or help with the OA publishing process, please do not hesitate to contact your library/information service or ACS support email@example.com.